Spanish learning activity: Seasons
In this Spanish learning activity, you’ll learn to make a bilingual mobile of the seasons. By using simple homemade products, you’ll be able to recycle and teach children about the seasons.
The Spanish learning activity consists of making a mobile from a wire hanger and displaying the seasons on paper plates and cutouts. Children will be cutting pieces of common things of seasons.
They will later paste these findings in their circles of seasons. Children will attach them to the wire hanger and display.
Related: Spanish Seasons Mini Book
- Construct a mobile of the seasons
- Look for everyday parts of the seasons in magazines
- Practice motor skills of cutting and pasting
- Free Spanish learning activity from Language section
- Colored paper
- Crayons or markers
- Paper plates
- Wire hanger
- Yarn or ribbon
- Scraps of tissue paper
- Magazine cutouts
- Safety scissors
- Tacky glue
- Print out the free seasons learning activity
- Color the rims of the paper plates
- Cut out the season main page and additional pages
- For grown-ups only: cut out the small circles with a safety scissors
- Paste the colored circles onto the small paper plates; set aside
- Wrap the wire hanger with green, yellow, and blue scraps of tissue paper
- Glue endings if desired
- Insert the end of yarn or ribbon through the seasons circles
- Attach to the green part of the wire hanger
- Repeat for the other seasons
- Option: Start with the winter, spring, summer, and fall seasons
- Display onto bulletin boards or hang on pin
If you have a printer that prints color, you can print the color seasons main page and color circles. If you have a printer that prints black and white, simply print the sheets and have children color the items.
Once the mobile of the Spanish learning activity is finished, children can display them on the walls as decor or on bulletin boards. The lesson is not over.
You can add to the mobile as the year goes by. You can also add something special to the last day of school.
Each child can personalize his or her mobile by adding birthdays or special occasions. What do you think?
What would you make different so children can better learn the seasons?