Valentine’s Day Bilingual Activities and Read-Aloud Story
Valentine’s Day bilingual activities can boost those language skills forgotten from previous months. Winter breaks or long pauses between learning periods can disrupt the learning pattern in the classroom.
Sometimes you might have to reinforce or refresh concepts. In most cases, reviews of early concepts can help bilingual students stay on track.
Valentine’s Day Bilingual Activities
Specific themes like Valentine’s Day can motivate your bilingual students to learn. For instance, displays of hearts and friendly items are wonderful ways to look further into sight words or vocabulary.
Perhaps, a fun game of Spanish syllables with heart shapes can encourage them to learn. Depending on the types of Valentine’s Day bilingual activities, you might want to create various learning objectives.
Then, you might want to add another component to your lesson in each activity. If you begin with these ideas using Valentine’s Day items, your bilingual learners engage in reading and learning.
Adding Valentine’s Day stories can motivate them to look into other stories at each point in your lesson. In this way, you build up your bilingual students’ skills and interests for future learning.
Creating a Valentine’s Day Pop Up Bilingual Book
Reading a Valentine’s Day bilingual book does not necessarily entail a traditional text. There are other ways bilingual learners can interact with text, words, and bilingual reading.
Creating a Valentine’s Day pop-up bilingual book is ideal for motivating students to interact with the story.
Likewise, pop-up stories encourage readers to immerse themselves in the story. In this way, students focus on the three-dimensional aspects of the text. Consequently, each page unfolds a new sequence of the bilingual story.
- Valentine’s Day bilingual pop up template and stories
- Color print paper or construction paper
- Safety scissors
- First, print the 5 Valentine’s Day bilingual pop-up sheets and cover.
- Cut each sheet in half to make a total of 10 pages for the pop-up book.
- Print the storytelling sequence of events and set it aside.
- Next, fold the pop-up sheets along the line halfway.
- Cut the small rectangle that makes the tab in the middle.
- Repeat for each sheet of the pop-up book.
- Paste each sequence of the story on each tab.
- Fold gently to create a crease for the tabs and the sheets.
- Paste each sheet and cover.
- Repeat the folding.
- Paste the story text on each respective story sequence.
- Enjoy reading the story with your bilingual learners.
Using a pop-up story as Valentine’s Day bilingual activities can enhance your students’ language skills. That is, you can easily follow along with the story by using the sequence of events.
By analyzing each story pattern, your bilingual reader encounters a beginning, middle, and end of the story. As a result, they interact with the story and image to build the pop-up book. Watch the video for other fun ideas.
Other Fun Valentine’s Day Bilingual Activities
Along with a fun bilingual reading for Valentine’s Day and creating a pop-up book, you can also do other Valentine’s Day bilingual activities.
- If your bilingual learners prefer more hands-on activities, you might want to try using finger-paint crafts.
- However, these activities involve more care.
- But, your kinesthetic learners might appreciate movement and flexibility.
- To keep the activities simple, you could use one or two colors of finger paint like red and pink.
- Next, you can also place large pieces of paper for accidental spills.
- Make sure to allow enough time for artwork to dry and display.
In summary, Valentine’s Day bilingual activities encourage your students to develop language skills previously learned. Of course, a refresher is helpful in many ways for students to think back and step forward into new learning.
With a fun specific theme like Valentine’s Day, your students have fun rethinking prior knowledge while developing bilingual skills.
If you like these bilingual stories and ideas, try the Exclusive Member Area. This section is full of exclusive content with bilingual stories, activities, and more. Enroll today!