Thanksgiving Bilingual Reading for Young Learners
Thanksgiving bilingual reading is a wonderful time to begin to learn to share and learn traditions. With fun bilingual stories like Thanksgiving, you can easily use this holiday theme to learn about language skills.
Besides, holiday themes like Thanksgiving are fun lessons to integrate vocabulary, phrases, and reading. The after-reading activities encourage your readers to look for prepositions. Afterwards, look for these words using the interactive activity.
Thanksgiving Bilingual Reading
In The Friendly Turkey Thanksgiving bilingual story, your bilingual reader will enjoy learning about prepositions and sharing. That is, you can use the text to point out phrases in Spanish and language concepts.
Similarly, your bilingual learners can add to their vocabulary list. What are ways to use Thanksgiving as a learning theme? For instance, they can learn about food items like pumpkins, corn, and others. Once they grasp these terms, they can identify them in other passages too.
- Free Thanksgiving story for kids and activities
- Construction paper or card-stock
- Color printer paper (optional)
- Crayons, markers, or color pencils
- Craft sticks
- Safety scissors
- Print the free Thanksgiving bilingual story and activities
- Optional: use color paper to create a fun learning experience
- Use the bilingual text to discuss ways to share
- Cut the pumpkin and turkey task cards with prepositions
- Optional: paste them onto construction paper or card-stock paper
- Cut the additional turkey with a question mark
- Paste onto a craft stick
- Optional: use a plastic pumpkin to model different prepositions
- Use the writing prompt to add details to the story
Using Bilingual Prepositions to Learn Phrases
As you read this fun bilingual story of a friendly turkey, your readers will notice many ways to locate the turkey. For example, many prepositions indicate the location that your bilingual readers can identify.
- Use the task cards to identity the bilingual positional words.
- Next, ask students to use those words.
- Furthermore, you can use a 3-dimensional model.
- As a result, your students can position the friendly turkey in many ways.
- That is, you can continue to use the task cards or use your own.
In this way, you can use the after-reading activity to practice individual prepositions. Or, you can use other objects to place the little turkey using the various positional words. After that, you can encourage your bilingual learners to continue practicing the words in other texts.
Incorporate Bilingual Activities to Learn about Thanksgiving
Aside from using the bilingual story to learn prepositions, you can use other activities to further students’ learning. For instance, use a lesson about Spanish colors to motivate students to identify each color.
After all, you can add other activities like learning vocabulary with bingo or matching cards. Using a holiday theme like Thanksgiving, your students can use what they learn to read other fun bilingual stories.
In summary, Thanksgiving bilingual reading encourages your students to develop language skills with fun stories. Specifically, they can learn about vocabulary, prepositions, and sharing.
A Thanksgiving bilingual story can generate a wonderful time for learning in the classroom or at your homeschool group.